Tax-Free Savings Account
The purpose of the TFSA is to provide a savings vehicle for
individuals to earn tax-free investment income.
Features of this registered product:
- Available to Canadian residents age 18 and older
- Contributions will not be tax deductible
- Contributions may only be made by the owner
- Income earned and capital gains under a TFSA will be tax sheltered
- Withdrawal of contributions and/or income will not be subject to tax
- Your TFSA contribution room information can be found on your latest notice of assessment or notice of reassessment. For more information on your TFSA contribution room click here
- Unused contribution room may be carried forward and contributed in a future year
- Withdrawals (capital and income) will increase the unused contribution room
- Unused contribution room will be reported on the annual CRA Notice of Assessment
Come in to Access Credit Union and open a Tax-Free Savings Account or call any of our branches to start earning tax-free interest today!