With an Access mortgage, you can shop with confidence with a hassle-free pre-approval process. Plus, get the flexibility to make payments on your schedule and within your budget.
We’ll take the guesswork out of mortgaging a home. Let us help you finance the home of your dreams.
Our mortgage experts have considerable experience with construction mortgages and can help you through this complex process.
Though no two construction projects are the same, we will consider the value of the land, the purchase price, the cost of materials and any sweat equity as well as the appraised value in determining the necessary down payment and payment terms.
Once construction is under way, you will be required to make regular interest payments on the funds that have been advanced, according to the completion stage of your home.
When construction is complete and the mortgage is fully advanced, regular principal and interest payments begin.
A hassle-free pre-approval process and flexible payment options.
- Fixed rate: six-month to five-year terms available
- Prepayment of 20% of original balance allowed annually, without penalty, for fixed terms
- Open Variable rate mortgages with no prepayment penalties
- Closed Variable rate mortgages with the best variable rates we can offer
- Weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payment schedule options available
- Free automatic payment transfer system available
CMHC Eco Plus Program
- CMHC’s Eco Plus program offers a partial premium refund to homeowners who purchase climate friendly housing.
- With this program, homeowners can get up to 25% of their CMHC insurance premium back with an energy efficient home.
- To qualify, homeowners must:
- be CMHC insured and have an energy efficient home;
- apply within 24 months of the closing date of the mortgage
- The home must meet the eligible building standards and/or the EnerGuide and EnerGuide GJ ratings;
- Required Documentation: final certificate from the list of eligible third-party certifications and/or EnerGuide label or EnerGuide Renovation Upgrade Report (RUR) for existing homes.
Why get an Access Credit Union mortgage?
A personalized approach.
Advice on your schedule.
Cash back with Member Rewards.
Flexible payment options.
Mortgage Rates & Resources
We’ll help you answer all these questions and more to ensure your mortgage fits your needs. Get started by reviewing these resources to help prepare for your mortgage meeting:
- Guide: Facts About Mortgages
- Checklist: Pre-approval Meeting
- Discover: Mortgage Calculator
- View: Standard Charge Mortgage Terms
- View: Ontario Standard Charge Terms
- Buy your first home
- Transfer your existing mortgage to Access
- Renovate a new or existing property
- Leverage your built-up equity
- Strategize to become mortgage-free sooner