Where you need us to be, now and into your future
- Deposits guaranteed 100% by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba
- Competitive interest rates
- Expert advice
Looking for assistance with investment strategies and wealth management?
Learn about our Wealth Management service offering.
A term deposit or Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) is a safe, secure, and guaranteed way of investing your money for a set length of time.
Many term deposit investors use a laddered approach, which means they divide their investment into several term lengths with different maturity dates. By using this strategy, you will enjoy the benefits of flexibility and reduce the impact of interest rate fluctuations.
- Terms available for 1–5 years
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your investment is guaranteed 100% by the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Can also be used as a down-payment on your first home through the Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP)
- Can be used for full-time training or education for you, your spouse, or common-law partner under the Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)
Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Available to Canadian residents age 18 and older
- Contributions will not be tax deductible
- Income earned and capital gains under a TFSA will be tax sheltered
- Withdrawal will not be subject to tax
- Your TFSA contribution room information can be found on your latest notice of assessment
- Unused contribution room may be carried forward to a future year
- Withdrawals will increase the unused contribution room
Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
- Set the payment amount, frequency, and investment option you want
- Options include a variable rate, fixed terms of 1–5 years, mutual funds*, stocks* and bonds* and more
- Funds within a RRIF continue to be income tax sheltered until withdrawn
- The year you turn 65, income from a RRIF or Life Income Fund (LIF) qualifies for a Pension Income Credit
Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Watch your contributions grow on a tax-deferred basis
- As an added incentive, the federal government pays a 20% bonus - up to $500 every year, to a lifetime limit of $7,200 per child
- In addition to your RESP contributions, you could receive the Canada Learning Bond and/or Canada Education Savings Grant
Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- not tax deductible;
- can be made until the end of the year in which the beneficiary turns 59.
- Mutual funds provide investors with diversification and flexibility, with automatic contribution minimums as low as $50/month
- Can be purchased in a lump sum, or over time with a pre-authorized contribution (PAC) plan
*Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.
Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Securities and Northwest & Ethical Investments L.P. are all wholly owned subsidiaries of Aviso Wealth Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.